The rise of premium e-juice flavors has made life a little difficult for anybody looking for the best cheap e-juice.
The most-recommended e-juice brands seem to be getting more and more expensive, and it might seem like you have to spend quite a bit to find anything high-quality.
But that isn’t always the case. In fact, there are tons of options out there for cheap vape juice, and many of them put out consistently delicious flavors.
Inexpensive e-juice might not sound particularly appetizing, but the truth is that you really don’t need to pay very much to get something high-quality.
The 10 Best Cheap E-Juice
Here are our top 10 picks for the best cheap vape juice on the market.
10 – VaporFi
The standard e-juices from VaporFi cost $17.95 for a 30 ml bottle. This does make them expensive in comparison to some of the other options on our cheap vape juice list, but it’s still a great price for some quality e-liquid.
VaporFi’s e-juice comes in several tiers, and although it’s one of the most expensive options on this list, the basic offerings are still far from expensive. The standard VaporFi e-juices cover a huge range of flavors, with tobacco, menthol, fruit dessert and candy flavors well-represented in the line-up. All of their vape juices come in a choice of PG/VG ratios – either 50/50, 70% PG or max VG – and either 0, 3, 6, 12 or 18 mg/ml of nicotine.
Their Caramel Tobacco (RY4) blend is a classic from the line-up, with a robust tobacco backing nicely covered with the sweetness from the caramel components. Strawberry Banana is a solid fruity option from the selection, balancing the two fruits really well and offering a sweet but fresh taste. More dessert-like options such as Peanut Butter Cookie add another dimension to the line-up, and make it a great brand no matter what you prefer to vape.
9 – Bam’s Cannoli
You can pick them up in 0 or 6 mg/ml of nicotine, and the juices come in 100 ml bottles for just $14.95.
Bam’s Cannoli is a boutique-style mixer focused entirely on making Italian cannoli flavored e-juices, combined with different elements to inject some variety into the selection. The juices come in 80% VG to 20% PG, making them a great option if you’re looking for huge clouds, but the flavor is hard to fault as well. The baseline cannoli flavor is very well replicated, and brings a pastry-like sweetness that’s delicious on its own, but perfectly complements many other flavors too.
There are four flavors in the line-up in total, with the Original combining the cannoli with a tasty cream and fruit cereal combination, bridging the gap between cereal and pastry/dessert e-juice. The Strawberry Cannoli combines cannoli with strawberries and cream, Birthday Cannoli adds birthday cake to the mix (along with cream, of course) and finally Captain Cannoli mixes the cream and cannoli with cereal oats. If you’re looking for the best cheap e-liquid and you’re into sweet e-juices, the line-up is ideal.
8 – Glas Basix
It’s for sale in 60 ml bottles, priced at $16.95 on the Glas site, but if you’re looking for the top cheap e-liquid, the $14.95 price on VaporDNA for Sugar Cookie and Blueberry Cake is the best deal on two great flavors.
Glas isn’t exactly known for affordable products, so it’s probably the last place you’d expect to find any of the best value e-juice. However, their line-up of seven Glas Basix flavors manages to achieve just that. They’re more expensive than many of the options on this list, but they’re still pretty affordable and a good option if you’re looking for bulk e-juice that’s genuinely delicious.
The line-up includes Cool Melon (melon with menthol), Mango Tango, Banana Cream Pie (with custard), Caribbean Punch (with peach, pineapple, strawberry, apple and apricot), Sugar Cookie (with cinnamon), Fizzy Lemonade (including menthol), Blueberry Cake (sugar glazed and with butter cream), Strawberry Blast (strawberry sour belts) and Butterscotch Reserve (an RY4 with butterscotch).
The juices have a 70/30 VG/PG ratio, in line with most of the options on the market and offering a good balance of vapor production and throat hit. You can pick it up in 0, 3 or 6 mg/ml of nicotine, which is ideal for sub ohm tanks and rebuildables that operate at higher power settings.
7 – Vape Craft, Inc.
A 30 ml bottle costs just $5.95, but the best deal is for 120 ml e-juice bottles, which are just $15 each.
Vape Craft Inc. was founded in 2013, and although they’re not the biggest name in the industry, they’ve earned a well-deserved reputation as one of the best places to pick up inexpensive vape juice. With a selection of 25 e-juice flavors covering candies, beverages, fruits, tobacco, menthol and desserts, you’re bound to find something you enjoy in the line-up, and the prices are always impressively low. All of their juices are 70% VG, and come in either 0, 3, 6 or 12 mg/ml of nicotine.
Some of their most popular flavors include Nectar Custard, a vanilla custard e-juice mixed with a sweet nectar that adds a unique sweetness to the flavor, and Strawberry Milk, which is self-explanatory but still really delicious.
They only have one tobacco e-juice on offer – Rich Tobacco – but it’s a great option for any just-switching smokers or vapers looking for an affordable tobacco blend. If you’re looking for cheap e-liquid, there are some really impressive options in the line-up. Vape Craft, Inc. makes this list because of this quality combined with fantastic prices.
6 – One Hit Wonder E-Liquid
The price on the official site is a little higher at $24.99 per 100 ml, but you can get Muffin Man, The Man and Island Man Iced at VaporDNA for the exceptional price of $12.99 per 100 ml.
One Hit Wonder is an LA-based mixer with a solid line-up of well-loved e-juices – especially Muffin Man, one of our personal favorites here at ECR – but the pricing also makes it a fantastic choice if you’re looking for bulk e-juice. The juices come in 0, 3 and 6 mg/ml of nicotine, using salts for all of its formulations, but also offering a separate line of high-nic options that fit more with what you’d expect from nicotine salt juices.
There are 10 flavors available in both forms, so you have the full range available however you want to vape. The regular line comes in 100 ml bottles, with an 80 % VG mix, and the higher-strength versions bring this down to 60% VG so they work better with pods.
The line-up includes Muffin Man (apple and cinnamon muffin), The Man (strawberries and cream), Island Man (mango, pineapple and coconut), Island Man Iced (the same with menthol), Rocket Man (yoghurt, blueberry and granola), My Man (vanilla, strawberry and chocolate), Mini Muffin Man (strawberry muffin), Magic Man (fruit flavors and a watermelon gummy candy), Fireman (pink lemonade) and Army Man (sweet milk and key lime citrus). If you’re into sweet and fruity flavors, they’re easily some of the best cheap e-liquid flavors around.
5 – Jam Monster
You can pick up the standard 100 ml bottles for $15.95 and the salt options in 30 ml bottles for $14.95.
Jam Monster is another mixer that combines a laser-focus in terms of the type of flavors they offer with the big bottle sizes and low prices that you’re looking for when you buy bulk e-juice. The line-up is entirely based on jam and toast flavors, which sounds weird – we know – but is exceptionally executed.
The classic option is Strawberry, but the line-up has been substantially expanded with options such as Raspberry, Blackberry, Blueberry and Banana. They’ve also expanded further, with a custard line-up including Blueberry, Vanilla and Strawberry Custard options, as well as a Tobacco Monster line-up if you’re looking for a cheap vape juice brands that also offers tobacco flavors.
The juices come in 100 ml bottles, with a 75/25 mix of VG/PG on the standard jam line, and a more typical 70% VG mix on the custard line-up. You can pick up all of the juices in 0, 3 or 6 mg/ml of nicotine, with some nicotine salt options (where available) with higher nicotine options and a 50/50 VG/PG mix optimized for pods.
4 – Naked 100 E-Liquid
Naked 100 makes this list because their 60 ml bottles are priced at just $21.95 each. They aren’t the most affordable e-juice on the list, but for a balance between affordability and quality, they’re really hard to beat.
Naked 100 is a very popular mixer, and although they’re highly-ranked even if you don’t consider price, they’re one of the top e-juice brands for vapers on a budget. The e-liquid comes in 60 ml bottles as standard, and as well as the price remaining low, the flavors themselves are consistently delicious.
It’s a lot more like a premium e-juice brand than a discount e-juice, but the prices are really great regardless. The Naked 100 e-liquids are all 70% VG, and come in either 0, 3, 6 or 12 mg/ml of nicotine. This is really great for everyone, with the highest level even being enough to satisfy vapers just switching over from smoking.
There are 18 e-liquids in the line-up in total, with a standard line, some menthol options and a selection of candy blends. The standard line is heavily focused on fruity combinations, although there is one tobacco option in there too. Some of the popular options from the line-up include Hawaiian Pog, a blend of pineapple, orange and guava, Go Nanas, a banana and cream mix, and Frostbite, a pineapple, honeydew, cantaloupe and menthol blend. That said, all of the flavors are really well-captured, so even if these don’t appeal to you, there will be some that do.
You can check out our review of Naked 100 here.
3 – Yami Vapor
You can pick up Yami Vapor at $19.99 per 100 ml. They’re definitely worth considering if you’re looking for the best cheap e-juice.
Yami Vapor is a well-loved mixer that’s put out many unique and interesting flavors, and covers a wide range of flavors across the line-up. You might be looking for the best cheap vape juice first and foremost, but brands like Yami prove that you don’t have to sacrifice flavor to get it.
The original Yami line-up includes Taruto (Portuguese egg tart), Icy Trio (strawberry, kiwi and lychee with menthol), Juusu (apples, peach and lychee), Kemuri (tobacco, bourbon and vanilla), Yuki (menthol, passion fruit, orange and guava), Shaka (mango and mangosteen) and many others, and they also have a separate Chibi Bar line-up which focuses on granola-based flavors.
The juices offer enough variety to keep most vapers happy, and the combinations are consistently interesting and well-executed. This is what you want from any e-juice brand, but for cheap e-liquid, it’s a huge deal to find such a carefully-crafted bunch of juices. You can pick them up in 0, 3 or 6 mg/ml of nicotine, and they also offer some of the juices in higher-strength nicotine salts if you prefer.
2 – Mt. Baker Vapor
You can pick up Mt. Baker Vapor juices here.
Mt. Baker Vapor is a vaping institution. They’re so well-known it’s hard to imagine any longer-term vapers who hasn’t at least tried some of their flavors, but they’re a close contender for the title of best cheap e-juice mixer thanks to their always-low prices.
They do a really good job when it comes to mixing options, offering you a choice between 0, 3, 6, 12, 18 and 24 mg/ml of nicotine, and either 50/50 PG/VG, 70% PG, 70% VG or max VG. This is really impressive, suitable for basically any setup or any level of nicotine use.
Mt. Baker Vapor’s cheap e-liquid covers tobaccos, menthols, fruits, beverages, candies, desserts, cereals, and nuts and spices, making them a suitable mixer for pretty much anybody, regardless of your personal tastes. There are so many Mt. Baker Vapor flavors that it’s hard to cover all of them, but Hawk Sauce, Cinnamon Roll and Moo Juice are all popular options.
Hawk Sauce combines blackberry, raspberry, sweet and sour gummies, and a touch of menthol for a really unique taste. Cinnamon Roll is self-explanatory but really delicious, and Moo Juice is an amazing strawberry and cream blend.
The prices of Mt. Baker Vapor’s juices cement its place as one of the most popular cheap e-juice vendors in the industry. A 30 ml bottle costs just $7.99, a 60 ml bottle costs $13.99 and a massive 240 ml bottle is just $39.99. This makes it a particularly good place to place bulk e-juice orders.
1 – Pachamama
While the regular price of $14.99 for a 60 ml bottle is good, DirectVapor currently has some for sale at the excellent price of $9.95, which makes them especially deserving of the title of best cheap e-liquids on the market.
Pachamama’s juices are made by the people who brought us Charlie’s Chalk Dust, with an explicit focus on fruity flavors. This isn’t your average fruity e-liquid either, there are tons of interesting and unique combinations in the line-up, and generally they shoot for straight-up accuracy rather than drowning the flavor in sweetness.
This focus on quality and accuracy is what makes them the best cheap e-juice on the market. They’re available in 70/30 VG/PG 60 ml bottles (designed for sub ohm tanks with 0, 3 or 6 mg/ml of nicotine) or 50/50 VG/PG in 30 ml bottles (designed for pods, with 25 or 50 mg/ml of nicotine), with most of the line-up available in both.
The flavors are really something special, with Strawberry Watermelon, Strawberry Guava Jackfruit, Huckleberry Pear Acai, Fuji (apple, strawberry and nectarine), Starfruit Grape, Blood Orange Banana Gooseberry, Peach Papaya Coconut Cream, Apple Tobacco, Mango Pitaya Pineapple, Passion Fruit Raspberry Yuzu, Honeydew Melon, Sorbet (raspberry and lemon sorbet), Icy Mango and Mint Leaf Honeydew Berry Kiwi in the line-up.
Although Fuji and Apple Tobacco are personal favorites, but if you’re looking for cheap vape juice you’ll be pretty impressed with anything in the selection.
Cheap Vape Juice: Everything You Need to Know
Finding a high quality cheap e-juice is the most important thing if you’re wanting to vape as affordably as possible, but you might be left with several questions.
- How much does e-juice cost most of the time?
- Is there any benefit to expensive e-liquid at all?
- How much do vapers spend on e-liquid on average?
- Is it worth getting into DIY e-liquid if you want to save money?
We’ve collected some information here to answer these questions and more.
How Much Does E-Juice Cost?
- Cheap vape juice costs between $0.10/ml to $0.30/ml
- Premium vape juice costs between $0.37/ml to $0.67/ml
The cost of e-liquid varies quite substantially, depending on what type of e-liquid you vape. The cheapest e-liquid really doesn’t cost much at all – ranging between $0.10 per ml to $0.30 per ml.
For example, the Dollar E-Juice Club has 120 ml bottles for $14.99, about $0.12 per ml, and the Sauce LA’s BOGO deal offers 240 ml for $24.99, just over $0.10 per ml.
However, this is towards the bottom end of the cost. At the other end of the scale, expensive e-liquids like Five Pawns’ offerings cost $21.99 per 60ml ($0.37 per ml), Black Note’s Latakia Tobacco is $33 per 60ml ($0.55 per ml), and Glas Vapor BSX Nic Salts cost $19.99 per 30ml ($0.67 per ml) – averaging at about $0.53 per ml for higher-end vape juices.
However, as a general answer to “How much does e-juice cost?” a figure in the middle is about right.
For Cosmic Fog, for instance, the price of $23.95 per 60 ml bottle comes out to $0.40 per ml, and Element E-liquids are a bit more expensive at $24.95 for 60 ml, about $0.42 per ml.
There is a lot of variation, but for tasty e-juice outside of the most affordable e-juice brands, about $0.25 per ml is a decent estimate.
How Much Vapers Spend on E-Liquid on Average
The question of how much vapers spend on e-liquid on average isn’t an easy one to come up with an answer for.
As noted above, the cost of a bottle of e-liquid varies wildly, and on top of this, the amount of e-liquid vapers get through per day varies quite a lot too.
There aren’t any recent surveys on the topic, so the best we can do is look at ECF and Reddit posts on the topics and the responses. While it varies substantially, especially depending on the type of vape pen or vape pod you’re using, between 5 and 10 ml per day is a good estimate.
Using the $0.40/ml “average” cost of vapor juice, this can be used to work out how much vapers spend on e-liquid on average. At a 5 ml per day consumption over 30 days, it would work out to $60 per month on e-liquid. For a 10 ml consumption, this would be $120 per month.
These estimates are very rough, and of course they would vary depending on the specific e-liquid you’re vaping. With the cheapest e-liquid, a 5 ml per day consumption would be $15 per month, and 10 ml per day would be $30 per month.
For the most expensive e-juice, 5 ml per day would be $175.50 per month and 10 ml per day would be $351 per month. Of course, nobody would really vape so much expensive e-juice per day, but this shows how much variation there can be depending on your habits and choices.
Cheap vs. Expensive Vape Juice: Pros and Cons
So if you’re wondering whether it’s worth picking up the best cheap vape juice, or whether you should just focus on quality without worrying much about cost, what should you do?
Here, we’ll go over some of the pros and cons of cheap e-liquid vs. expensive e-liquid.
Cheap Vape Juice
- Wide selection of flavors. Ordinarily, cheaper e-liquid brands have more e-juice flavors on offer than more expensive mixers.
- Less cost per month. This is obvious: if you want to save as much money as possible, cheap e-juice flavors are the way to go.
- More variety in PG/VG and nicotine. As a general rule, more affordable e-juice companies offer a selection of PG/VG ratios and a wider selection of nicotine levels. This means you’ll have an easier time finding e-juice that suits entry-level devices and just-switching smokers.
- They can still be delicious. Just because you get cheap e-juice doesn’t mean you’ll get bad e-juice. There is plenty of cheap good e-juice (such as the options listed above), so as long as you do your homework you’ll still get something great.
- Simpler flavors. As a general rule, you’ll find simpler, one-note flavors if you’re buying e-juice for cheap. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but some vapers prefer unique and complex flavors.
- Bigger risk of low-quality. You can find affordable e-juice that’s tasty, but there are many more crappy options than you’ll get with more expensive e-juice.
- Some flavors are often disappointing. Some flavor types work better than others with inexpensive e-juice. Cheap tobacco vape juice, for example, rarely captures the nuance and complexity of tobacco, and often tastes unpleasant.
- Minimal packaging and crappy bottles. One way to cut costs is to spend less on things like bottles. This means you’re more likely to get your e-juice in a basic plastic bottle with affordable brands.
Expensive Vape Juice
- Complex flavors. In general, more expensive e-liquid has more complex and unique flavor combinations than inexpensive e-liquid. You’re much less likely to find a basic, one-note flavor in a premium line-up.
- Specialist mixers. More expensive e-juice brands are more likely to specialize in a specific type of flavor. This can be really good if you have a favorite flavor type, because you get find a mixer that’s solely dedicated to those flavors. For example, Black Note is a tobacco specialist and Mad Hatter focuses on candy and dessert flavors.
- Higher-VG mixes. As a general rule, expensive e-liquid from premium brands are more likely to be high-VG, cloud-friendly blends. This is great for vapers using sub-ohm tanks or rebuildable devices and any cloud-chasers.
- More robust flavors. You’re much more likely to find a really flavorful vape juice from more expensive mixers.
- Less viable as “everyday” e-juice. The cost of expensive e-juice makes it a bit difficult to only use high-quality e-juice as your “everyday” e-juice.
- Prices can get really high. You know you’ll be paying more for “premium” e-juice, but sometimes the prices are so high it’s almost as if you’re paying for the “label,” rather than the quality. Castle Long Reserve by Five Pawns is a great example of this.
- Less choice in nicotine level and PG/VG ratio. You’re rarely given a choice of PG/VG ratio with premium juices, and nicotine levels tend to be lower, making them a less viable choice for just-switching smokers.
- Fewer flavor choices, especially smoker-friendly options. The downside to the widespread specialist mixers is that some flavors – tobaccos in particular – are harder to find in premium vapor juice brands.
Guide to Buying Quality Cheap Vape Juice
If you’re looking for the cheapest vaping liquid you can find, it can feel like you’re entering a bit of minefield.
How can you be sure you’ll be getting something delicious, rather than a basic flavor that will ultimately disappoint? Is it really worth taking the risk?
Here’s a brief guide to buying affordable e-juice to help you make sure you get something you’ll enjoy.
- Look for guarantees of quality. No matter how inexpensive an e-juice is, it should use USP-grade nicotine, PG and VG, and ideally have lab results available to verify that the nicotine strengths are accurate and to show whether diacetyl or acetyl propionyl is present.
- Choose brands that offer choice. More PG/VG options and more nicotine level options are generally a good sign for budget e-juice companies. Since companies like Mt. Baker Vapor do really well on this front, there is no reason to choose a company that doesn’t offer the sort of mix you’re looking for.
- Look for the flavors you like, not the raw number of options. E-liquid companies offering inexpensive e-liquid often have huge ranges of flavors, but don’t be drawn in by the raw numbers alone. It’s better to look at the selection for the types of flavors you like than the total number of flavors altogether.
- Read e-juice reviews. The most important piece of advice is not to be sold based on price alone. Yes, the e-liquid might be cheap, but checking out e-juice reviews from reputable reviewers gives you the full story about whether the brand is worth trying out.
- Consider bulk e-juice purchases to save money. Even if the juice isn’t particularly cheap when you buy a small bottle, you can often save money with bulk e-juice, even from more expensive brands. This is a great way to get value e-juice without sacrificing quality.
- Don’t choose the cheapest just because it’s the cheapest. You can still save a lot of money without choosing the very cheapest e-juice on the market. As long as you aren’t paying much more, prioritize quality over cost.
DIY E-Juice Guide: The Best Way to Save Money
If you’re serious about saving money and getting the best value e-liquid to suit your preferences, DIY mixing is definitely worth considering. Instead of pre-mixed flavor combinations with premiums slapped on, you simply buy the ingredients individually and mix them yourself.
PG, VG and food flavorings are all really cheap, and nicotine base is also much more affordable than you’d imagine. The only downside is that you have to put a bit of time into planning your mixes and there is an up-front cost to buy everything you’ll need.
So what do you need to make DIY e-juice?
- Pick up some nicotine base (72 mg/ml is ideal, but lower is OK for most purposes too) from a reputable seller (such as Nude Nicotine), and use a store such as Flavor Jungle to pick up PG and VG, or alternatively you can find some on Amazon, Ebay or various other places online. Just make sure you get USP quality and you’ll be fine.
- The main thing left to pick up is flavorings. You can go individually to companies such as the Flavor Apprentice, Capella, LorAnn Oils, Flavor West and many others, but online vape shops like Flavor Jungle which cater to DIY mixers carry many of these flavorings all in one place.
- Finally, pick up some empty bottles and blunt-tipped syringes (for adding precise quantities of ingredients) for your mixing. You can mix by weight instead of by volume if you pick up some accurate scales too. If you get some that are accurate down to 0.01 g you’ll be able to mix very precisely.
It’s a good idea to check out recipes for DIY e-juice, and really we could make this DIY e-juice guide much longer if we went into this in detail.
However, the DIY_ejuice subreddit and E-Liquid-Recipes.com are both great sources of recipes. You can use these to guide your flavoring purchases in particular. They’re also a great resource for “clone” recipes, which are mixes designed to approximate popular vape juice flavors. In particular, clones make DIY mixing a fantastic way to make the best affordable vape juice for yourself.
When you’ve got your equipment and your ingredients, you’re ready to mix.
If you’re using a recipe, it will probably provide you with percentages for each of the flavorings, and you can choose your nicotine level and PG/VG ratio to suit your preferences.
The best advice is to use a calculator like that offered by Steam Engine. You enter how much e-juice you want to make, your target nicotine strength and PG/VG ratio, the details about your nicotine base (how strong and whether it’s PG or VG based), add your flavorings and their percentages, and it tells you exactly how much to add.
The only thing left to do is to go through the actual mixing process. Make sure you measure everything accurately using your syringes and/or scales, because precision is vital to getting the finished product you’re looking for. Use a separate syringe for your nicotine to avoid cross-contamination.
Once you’re done, place the cap on your bottle firmly and shake it up to make sure it’s thoroughly mixed. You can vape it right away if you like, but most mixes benefit from a short steep before you vape.
DIY mixing has tons of advantages, and although bulk vape juice purchases can be pretty inexpensive, there is no other way to make affordable vape juice to suit your specific preferences so closely.
Getting the best cheap e-juice can be as easy as choosing one of the brands from our list and placing an order, or as complex as getting all of the ingredients and making it yourself.
But the key point is that there are tons of ways to save money when you’re vaping, and you can do it without sacrificing the quality of your e-liquid.
If you’re in the market for cheap vape juice, take a bit of time over your choice if you’re buying pre-made, or learn the basics for yourself and go DIY. If you do either of these right, you won’t be disappointed.